Welcome to Be My Guest
If you are already working, or intend to work, in the hotel industry and you use English in your work, then Be My Guest will help you to understand, speak, read and write the English you need.
The course is for students at the elementary and lower-intermediate levels. Its primary aim is to teach you to speak to and understand guests at the hotel where you work, in order to make their stay more comfortable and your job more enjoyable.
There are 15 units in the Student’s Book, each based on a different work situation, including:
- Reception work
- Restaurant and bar work
- Answering the phone and taking messages
- Writing short e-mails and letters
- Dealing with guests’ problems
- Explaining how things work
- Giving directions inside and outside the hotel
- Suggesting places to visit in the region
Each unit has two main parts. Part A introduces the topic and Part B develops it. In each part there are five sections to help you practise speaking, listening, reading and writing.